The Ocean Cleaner is developing the first feasible global project for fighting and recycling the ocean’s plastic pollution. The concept approved by Florida Atlantic University – Brian E. Lapointe.
The Ocean Cleaner’s goals are:
- building the prototype “Sargaboat ©” the harvester boat for intercepting and collecting plastic debris and Sargassum seaweeds.
- recycling to turn plastic pollution into marine protection (Green Reef©)
- create “The Ocean Cleaner Foundation”
The global project in “3 minutes video”
MY INNOVATIVE HARVESTER BOAT
Plastic wastes are not born in the seas and oceans, they come from the land and they disperse with the liking of winds and ocean currents. We must make even more efforts to prevent our wastes to reach the shores. While waiting to get there, the best way to fight marine pollution is :
- to block our floating wastes along the coastline
- to harvest them quickly
- to sort them and recycle them
In the city, we can’t imagine the removal of rubbish without garbage trucks. With 8 Million Tons of plastic discarded at sea each year, it was essential to create a special boat to collect our garbage at sea. That’s why I imagined the Sargaboat © and Sargatrailer © !
To see more about the Sargaboat ©, click here !
This boat can work in deep sea and along a special floating barrier that blocks plastic debris (who lets the sea turtles and other marine life pass under).
MY INNOVATIVE IDEA TO RECYCLE…
As you saw in the video, we want to partially replace the sand by plastic flakes to make concrete.
… AND CREATE MARINE PROTECTION
We will use this concrete to manufacture “Green Reefs©“.
>> To read the scientific report “Green Concrete using Plastic Waste”
By creating “Green Reefs©” :
- we prevent the disappearance of fish in the oceans
- we rebuild nurseries for fish and coral reefs to repopulate the oceans
- we reduce erosion of shorelines and beaches
This great idea has other positive environmental impacts :
- the recycling of plastic wastes
- the reduction of sand consumption
- the reduction of carbon dioxide emissions because plastic is everywhere, but sand, Not !
We all know the urgency of the fight against plastic pollution. Many among us are still unaware, but there is in this world a real “sand war” ! Some islands disappear and miles of beaches are destroyed to harvest the sand which is used to make concrete, glass, computer parts etc. We can’t use the desert sand, so it is urgent to find solutions to also reduce our consumption of this precious sand. See article on the following link : The Sand War !
We also want to create:
“The Ocean Cleaner Foundation” to be recognized by governments and have an international impact.