This solution in 2 Steps :
The Ocean Cleaner is developing the first feasible global project for fighting and recycling the ocean’s plastic pollution. The concept approved and recommended by Florida Atlantic University – Brian E. Lapointe.
1/ Special floating barrier :
This floating barrier is the most efficient for blocking the Sargassum seaweeds and floating debris !
Our barriers are sufficiently flexible to resist the waves !
Specific aspects :
- it lets through seawater and waves like a strainer
- floating barrier high enough to not send floating debris and seaweeds above it
- the barrier goes down to 1.10m (3,5 feet) below the surface of the water
- UV resistant for a very long life
- easy to disassemble when it’s the end of Sargassum season, for maintenance, or before big storms
- allows sea turtles and other marine animals to pass under
- a mesh small enough to not catch fishes
The Ocean Cleaner is the exclusive dealer for these Special Floating Barriers in all Caribbean.
2/ Sargaboat to harvest Seaweeds and plastic debris :
- the only harvesting boat approved by Florida Atlantic University – Brian Lapointe Ph. D. HARBOR BRANCH
- great Harvest width: 3m /10ft and up to 4.40 m /14.4ft thanks to its foldable arms
- high capacity harvesting: 14 m³ / 18.3 yd³ per trailer. Sargaboat can harvest 98m3 for a day work of 8:00 hours
- non-stop working thanks to his trailers. It only needs 5 minutes to switch a full trailer by an empty trailer
- autonomous trailer, equipped with engine allowing to navigate towards the place of unloading.
- cockpit at the front: excellent visibility
- good maneuverability: 2 outboard motors
- low center of gravity: good stability at sea
- best harvesting system: arms and position of the conveyor belt
- specially designed to work along a floating net, a dock etc.